In 1897 Wesleyan Methodists in South Wales wanted to commemorate the minister who had established a mission here, and this resulted in a new chapel being built beside the Taff, named Capel Goffadwriaethol Eglwysbach – Eglwysbach memorial chapel. The grandeur of the construction is surely a fitting memorial to the minister, John Evans, who came from Eglwysbach in North Wales. Unfortunately, the chapel fell into disrepair but local GPs took the opportunity of converting it into a medical practice. The consulting rooms are around the sides of the chapel, underneath the gallery. The central part of the ceiling, decorated with two rose patterns, is still visible.