October 15th is the worldwide celebration of the Irish Uilleann Bagpipes, and piping events are planned at a host of locations around the globe.
The South Wales Uilleann Pipers will be holding a free afternoon of music and information on Irish piping. There will be live performances from international and local pipers, question and answer sessions and a chance to try the pipes for anyone who might be intersted in starting on the instrument.
- Joey Abarta (uilleann pipes, USA)
- Gerardo Albela González (Galician Gaita, Spain)
- Members of the South Wales Uilleann Pipers
- A ‘try the pipes’ session where people are invited to have a go
- Historical recital with the playing of old piping 78s on a wind up gramophone
Following the recital there will be an Irish music session in The Cayo Arms pub, Cardiff, 6-10pm